Jerk Tofu for XMAS
XMAS dinner would never be the same without Turkey! WRONG!
There are so many Culinary delights that you can create to excite and Tantalise the tastebuds.
Using our Jerk seasoning recipe found in our cookbook, you can create a seriously tasty Jerk dish that can be made as a whole ready to slice Baked dish, or in chunks sprinkled with Sea Salt and Lime (The lime will seriously bring out the peppers)
Here are some of the steps in picture format:
- 2 Sweet Peppers, cut in 4 pieces each
- 2 Tbsp Pimento Bells
- 1 Spring Onion, Cut in 4 pieces
- 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- 1/2 Lime, squeezed
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 Tsp Soft Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil (Vegetable Oil)
Once blended, you are now ready to marinate and smother your Tofu with a yummy Jerk Marinade
Step 1: Smother a plate or baking tray with the Marinade and then place the tofu on top of this beautiful sea of flavour.
Step 2: Spoon over the entire length of the tofu until it is completely covered.
- Option 1: For a Jerk Tofu Bake – Chill for up to 4 hours or overnight to really absorb flavours then bake until firm and cooked through. Turn on Grill to create a Crust that is Crisp, leaving the Tofu soft inside.
- Option 2: For Jerk Cubes, Cut into cubes on the Tray or Plate and spoon marinade until each cube is covered. Chill for up to 4 hours or overnight to really absorb flavours. Remove from chiller and dry fry, in a non stick Wok pan until each cube forms a firm exterior and the tofu is cooked through for up to 3 mins. Either, squeeze lime and sprinkle Sea Salt and serve or Cut Cubes of Jerky Plantains and Pineapple on a Skewer. Warm through and serve with a Tomatoe Salsa sauce or Lime, Coconut milk and Dill vinaigrette.
Either way, it’s always Yummy having a Jamaican Jerk dish to really absorb the sunshine on a plate.
Option 1 – Served with Plain Rice and a Beautiful Tamarind Sauce
Option 2 – Served with Plantain and Pineapple Cubes on a Skewer